Gegham M. Asatryan was born in Yerevan in 1920. In 1939 he graduated from the Yerevan Art College. That year he joined the Army and took part in the Second World War. In 1945 after disarmament he entered the Yerevan Art Institute and in 1951 with excellent grades he graduated it and was invited to teach at the Art Institute. In 1951 he became member of Armenian Artist’s Union and in 1953 he became member of the USSR Artist's Union. In 1959 the newly established Armenian TV studio invited Asatryan to work as a stage designer. During many years he designed more than 200 performances and films. G. Asatryan took part in many Art Exhibitions held in Yerevan, Moscow and Tbilisi and other places. He was honored many diplomas and awards. In 1967 he was honored as Master Artist in Armenia. G. Asatryan died in Yerevan in 1995 December 16. After his death his works have been exhibited in Central House of Artist in 1996, 2004 and 2011, Armenia. The artist's works are preserved at the Art archives of Armenian Ministry of Culture, in Tumanian Museum and also in private collections in many countries.